Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 5: Adapting to the Effects Of Chemo

Hey, everyone!

It is 7:01 AM.

Woke up this morning feeling substantially better. Don't get me wrong, I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach (almost like a signifier that I'll be keeled over for a little bit this weekend), but more on that later. Today is my last intense day of chemo and I'm EXCITED.

Fatigue- 4
Nausea- 5

Warm water seems to go down more easily than cold water right now. I think it's because it keeps this viscous layer around my mouth that forms during intense weeks from making me gag.

I think a fitting topic for me to talk about when I get back today is adjusting your habits; both during a chemo cycle and between cycles.

For the last 5 days I've tried to do these posts with one part in the morning, and a video in the afternoon/night. My goal was to try and give you (and myself for that matter) two check-in points to see on how fatigue and nausea can change throughout the day.


At the moment:
Fatigue 5.5
Nausea 6

Sorry if that wasn't a particularly helpful video. Good news is that a lot of those concepts have been covered in previous posts (eat healthier, listen to your body, etc.). Bad news is that it's up to you as the patient to follow through and have the fortitude to stick to your plan even as the going get tougher.

Activity log:
3-4:30 PM, hang out at a friends house.
7:45-9:10 PM, beat my dad at Tetris.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

3 comments:

  1. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
    But in this case it do produce different result.
    shrikant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you review this blog anymore? I'm going through my first cycle of BEP and I'd love to ask you some questions . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. update: I no longer use that e-mail address. Feel free to email me at sdakwale11@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete